CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

My son, the bully

So what do you do when your son's preschool teacher calls you at home to tell you that he has been pushing kids off of picnic benches and throwing chairs at them? You hope it's an isolated incident. That is, until the Director of the school stops you in in the carpool line 2 days later to tell you that he was hitting "friends" again today and threw a huge tantrum in her office. Great. Fantastic. My son is the bully. My worst nightmare. What am I going to do? I mean, it's not like I have any control over him. His teacher actually called me again tonight to clarify things and make me feel better, but it just did the opposite. Apparently he is the kid who harasses the other kids when they are having story time. She said she thinks he is just looking for a reaction, and not intentionally being mean. But come on, how is he going to be able to make friends if he just bully's them all morning long. I just can't stand the thought of him being a mean kid, or a bully. Breaks my heart. I need to come up with a plan.


On a lighter note, the boys were wanting to make cookies the other day. I didn't have everything we needed, so instead we made smores. Why haven't I thought of doing this before with them? I put them to work counting out mini marshmallows and chocolate chips to put on the graham crackers. Then we talked about how we had to put them in the microwave so that the marshmallows can melt. They were so amazed. Educational and yummy, sounds like a win win situation to me. Here are some pictures of the fun.


Better days tomorrow!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment