CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Nursery Diaries - Chapter 2

I had dinner with some girl friends tonight who were interested in seeing some pictures of Baby Girls room, so I thought another chapter of the Nursery Diaries was in order. I am not the best photographer, so the pictures aren't great, but they will work. This first one is a close up of the crib skirt that my mom made for me. It has two different fabric with a ball trim in between. These fabric coordinate with the fabric that my curtains are being made with.



Here is what the crib looks like with the skirt on. Mom is still working on the bumpers (decorative purposes only). You can see the husband in the background hanging up the mobile that he picked up today. He has been really into helping me decorate this room. Surprising!


I tried to get a wide shot of the room, but this was all I could get. We painted the rocker the same color gold as the stripes on the ceiling, and are having the cushions recovered in the same fabric as the curtains. I still can't get over how much I love the wainscoting!

A shot of the ceiling with the new light fixture.



This last picture is of the dresser that the husband picked out. I gave him an idea of what I was looking for, and this is what he came up with. We are going to add a changing pad to the top to make it the changing table. Also, I am just trying out that picture to see if I like it in the room. If I do keep it in there, we will be painting the frame either white or gold. Thoughts? Suggestions?

We obviously still have some work to do, but I am excited about where it is going! Next time I will show a close up of the new zebra carpet. It turned out fabulous!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment