CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 6, 2009

A New Adventure

Its been a long day. The boys were up super early and were full speed from the start. I had to teach yoga this morning, so we were out the door early, off to the boys last day at their current school. It was bittersweet. The teachers they have had this summer are amazing, and the director of the school is sweet, flexible and accommodating. You can't ask for much more in a preschool. It was pretty sad (for me, the boys didn't really understand). But I am optimistic about the next year and their new school. "A new adventure" as I have been telling the boys.

We had orientation at the new school tonight and it seemed to go fairly well. B5 really took to his new classroom and his teachers were very nice. Joe Finney, on the other hand, started shaking the second we walked into the room, and wouldn't let me put him down. I think it will be fine once the newness of it all wears off (fingers crossed). Everyone keeps telling me how wonderful his teacher is, so I am holding to that.

We then rushed off to what I thought was B5's last t-ball game (it wasn't, they rescheduled another game for the game that was rained out on Tuesday). To say that B5 doesn't quite have the focus yet for a team sport might be a bit of an understatement. He spent the whole time in the outfield rolling in the grass and lifting up his shirt. I wish I had brought my camera, but this pregnancy thing has made me very forgetful. A grandparent of one of the teammates made the comment that "B5 will do well in the circus when he grows up". He then proceeded to show me a tattoo of a clown on his bicep. Hmmm, thank you sir. Not quite sure how to take that one.

Now, thankfully, the boys are in bed sleeping peacefully. Its amazing how much the boys look surprisingly like angels when they sleep. Now for the pictures. I am going to do a series of a few blogs called The Nursery Diaries, showing the progress we have made on the nursery. I have decided to do a total overhaul. New wainscoting on the walls, new paint on the walls and stripes on the ceiling, new light fixture, custom window treatments and bedding, refurbished furniture, new carpet. Have I left anything out? The color scheme I went with is pink, white, and metallic gold. Which, by the way, it is very hard to find anything for a girls nursery that is not pink and brown or pink and green. People, if you are listening, not everyone likes those color schemes. How about a little creativity? I'm just sayin. Here is a little sneak peak of what we have done so far.


Here is the new wainscoting my friends dad put up for us. I think it looks amazing. For the paint color, our painter took a fabric swatch in and had it color matched. The husband said it reminds him of Victoria's Secret. Not really the look I was going for, but to me the color is perfect.

The stripes on the ceiling and the light fixture. I can't believe how beautiful these stripes turned out. I love them. I wants stripes on all of my ceilings now. The husband was pretty adamant about "no stripes on the ceiling", but I convinced him otherwise.


A sneak peak at one of the fabrics I selected for the room. I think this will go on the curtains and the glider. Maybe somewhere else too, not sure yet. So what do you think? Am I on to something here? Hope you enjoy as much as I do! Nursery Diaries, Chapter 2 coming soon!

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment