CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

Full Week, Full Belly

I know, I know. It's been a while since I have posted. Things have been quite busy around here. Things including a trip to my sisters, sewing class, my 30th birthday, and of course, the holiday weekend. We have had lots of fun, though! And fortunately, I had my camera in tow for most of these events, so that means a weeks worth of blogging! I think I will work backwards and start with what we did today since it is still fresh in my mind (because you know pregnant ladies have terrible memories).

Since the boys spent the night a grammy's house last night (thanks, mom!) I got to sleep in to the ripe old hour of 7:30. By the way, what's the deal with not being able to sleep in anymore. Back in the old days, I could easily sleep until 12:00, easy. But I digress...so much for my sleeping until 9 a.m. plan, but that did allow the husband and I to get a delicious breakfast at North End Cafe. We then went to pick up the boys and took them, and grammy, to the Familypalooza at our church. There were so many fun things to do here. I might even have to steal a couple of ideas for B5's birthday party in November.

They must have had 15 different jumpees at this place, and the boys probably tried out half of them. B5 just kept his shoes off because he would run to one jumpee, go in for about 30 seconds, get out and move to the next one. Can you say "sensory overload"? And Joe Finney wasn't far behind him. Then we moved on to the train. So cute. I have never seen one like this before. Here are my boys ( in the orange shirts) with big smiles on their faces.




And another with the church in the background.
The boys are waiting for their turn to ride in this picture. They had a good time hanging out with daddy today.

You can barely see him over on the right, but I was proud of my little boy for climbing up that ladder and going down that big slide all by himself. There were a lot of bigger kids in this jumpee.


And B5 coming down the slide for the 13th time. He had lots of energy today. Must've been those pancakes grammy made him for breakfast!

We did a lot of other things here too like playing games, going to the petting zoo area, and trying to stand in the line to ride the ponies (we gave up).

After leaving Familypalooza, grammy and I took the boys to the fabric store to pick out fabric for the pajama pants that I am making for them in my sewing class (more on that later). My advice to anyone who is listening is that it is probably not the best idea to take small children to a busy fabric store on the day when they are having a big sale. That's all I am going to say about that. But we did end up with some fabric, maybe not my favorite fabric, but fabric nonetheless.

My final (random) thought is that I honestly don't know how my belly could possibly get any bigger. Just when I think I have maxed out, somehow, amazingly, it gets bigger. And they were worried about the growth. Boy were they wrong. This could be the biggest one yet. I just keep repeating to myself "8 weeks left, only 8 weeks". That is what keeps me halfway sane. Have a good night!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment