CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 14, 2009

Is it just me...

or is it really really difficult to be pregnant with your third child? I have had good days and hard days (I can't call them "bad" because I realize just how blessed I am to be pregnant in the first place), and I would classify this one as really hard. It is taking every bit of energy I have in me to even sit here and write this post, but I need to feel like I accomplished something today. So, onward and upward!!


I wanted to write about what my guilty pleasure has been as of late; Sewing Class!! I have wanted to take a sewing class for years now. I even got a sewing machine for my birthday a couple of years ago in hopes of motivating me to take the plunge and sign up for a class. Alas, it never happened, until now! I signed up for a class with my little sister and my good friend Kelly. There are only 4 of us in the class total, so you pretty much get one on one instruction. In the first class we made a pillowcase (pictures of that coming soon). Boring, one might say, but really it was just the opposite. Who knew sewing could be so fun and therapeutic at the same time?


Here, Kelly is ironing, I mean "pressing" her fabric. Our instructor told us to "Press for Success". She has tons of little sayings like that. Come to think of it, she has a lot to say about everything. Maybe she is what makes the class so interesting!



Here is my sister getting ready to sew her "hot dog" (another crazy sewing term). I still don't get that one, but it does help you to remember what to do.

So the first week we made pillowcases, last week we made aprons (super cute), and this week we are making pajama pants for the kiddos. I am really excited about this one. I took the boys to the fabric store with me so that they could pick out their own fabric, and lets just say, their choices are questionable at best. But they will be happy with the outcome, I'm sure.

Actually I am pretty sad that the class is over this week. It is going to force me to have to sew on my own, and that is a scary thought. But, I will do it and learn as I go along since I am determined to make some things for this baby girl.

And lastly, a picture of what I made for the husband before the first sewing class. I decided he could use a little "encouragement" to watch the boys for an entire evening (or 3). These brownies are delicious. Maybe the best I have ever had. Made from scratch, but totally worth it. Here is the recipe for your enjoyment. It might be a sin not to make these!!

Ghirardelli Classic Brownies

  1. 4 oz. Ghiradelli Semi Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar
  2. 1 cup brown sugar
  3. 2 large eggs
  4. 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  5. 1/2 tsp salt
  6. 1 stick unsalted butter
  7. 1 tsp vanilla
  8. 3/4 cup and 2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
  9. 1/3 cup ghirardelli semi sweet chips

Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour an 8"x8" pan. In a heavy saucepan melt chocolate bar and butter over low heat, stirring until smooth.. Remove pan from heat; let cool to room temp. Stir in brown sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, mix well. In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly fold in flour mixture; mix well. Stir in chips. Pour batter in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.

Enjoy!

Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment