CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Free(ish) Summer - Abbey Road Festival

I have been wanting to write about this for a while now. 2 weeks to be exact. The Abbey Road on the River Festival. You can read more about it here if you want. I love this festival, we have gone the past three years and it gets better every time. Here are the stats:

Kid Fun Level - 5
Mom Fun Level - 5
Mom Stress Level - 2 (maybe even 1)
Cost - $25 for my ticket (kids were free); $4 parking; $10 ice cream

Okay so this isn't exactly free and it really isn't even that cheap, but it is lots and lots of fun, and sometimes that is all that matters when looking for an activity to keep the kids (and you) happy. If you live in the Louisville area, this festival is a "must do". I usually go every year with my friend B, but since she has a brand new baby this year, I had my dad and sister tag along with us. Basically, this festival is where a bunch (and I mean a BUNCH) of bands get together and play Beatles songs. This goes on for like 4 days. I would describe it as a very small kid friendly version of Woodstock. Or of what I imagine Woodstock was probably like. All different types of people sitting (and dancing and laying) around listening to really great music. So was it kid friendly? Yes, and it gets more kid friendly every year. There are so many things the kids can do here. You can listen to music


Or you can enjoy some ice cream


You can relax with your family

Or maybe you want to dress up like a Yellow Submarine.


Or maybe you would prefer to be a robot




And since you are on the river, let's check out the view




And draw some pictures with sidewalk chalk





But please don't forget to dance with your Aunt





and hang with your grandpa.




Did you notice those specially made Beatles outfits the kids were wearing? You can't go to a Beatles Festival without those! Thanks, Mom!







2 comments:

  1. everytime I saw those kids- I thought of my shower curtain-Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see that you and your family are enjoying the fest and the music of The Beatles - this keeps The Beatles' music going on and on...
    thanks! Where did you get the Beatles' fabric -

    ReplyDelete