CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Our Free(ish) Summer

With summer quickly approaching and my fears of how we are going to fill our days, I was ecstatic when my Southeast Outlook arrived last week with the headline "25 ideas for free summer fun in Kentuckiana". "Perfect", I thought, "just perfect". You can only spend so much time at the pool and I had desperately been trying to think of things that we could do that didn't include making a run to Walgreens for some cheap toy to keep the kids occupied for five minutes. Sure, we have our Zoo Pass and Science Center/Art Museum Pass, and those things are great, but we are in need of something new and exciting. I was pleasantly surprised looking through the Outlook and found quite a few ideas that I had never thought of before. Sure, some of the things may not be quite age appropriate, but I can work with that. So then came my idea, "Let's try to do all of these things this summer and blog about it"! Cue the lightbulbs. So thats what we are going to do. We are going to pick a few different things from the list each week, do them, take pictures, and blog about it.

Anyone care to join us?

You know you do, I mean, how can you beat a summer full of free (or almost free) family fun! I am being realistic, I am sure even though something may be "free" entry my crew will find a way to spend money on something, but hey we will give it a shot. So come join us (if you dare) as we celebrate our Free(ish) Summer! Now the only question is "where do we start?" Posts will begin June 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment