CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Holes

Can you believe that this sweet little boy has a tiny hole in his heart? I don't believe it, he is to full of love, and plus, I couldn't even really see it on the monitor while the doctor was doing his heart ultrasound. But there is a hole the doctor assures me, he called it a PFO (Patent Foramen Ovale). I knew he had one, we found that out when he was about 6 months old or so, but the doctor promised me that it would close up by the time he turned three. But that pesky little hole is still there, and now he is "hoping" that it will close up by the time Joe Finney is five. So "what does this mean", you ask? Well for now he can't scuba dive, and he can never be a Navy Seal. But he can do pretty much everything else, including sports (which is what I was worried about). We don't have to see the doctor again until his fifth birthday, and if at that point it hasn't closed up, he will have a 1% chance of surgery. I can live with that. I can live without him scuba diving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment