CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Waiting Patiently, Patiently Waiting

No real news on the baby front yet. I do go in tomorrow (Monday) morning for an amnio to check and see if the baby's lungs are mature. If they are, we will be inducing on Wednesday. Getting closer now, but seems to also be taking such a long time. I am just really anxious to see my little girl. And I think the boys are really excited as well.


One major task was completed this week and that was the Nursery!! So here is the final installment of The Nursery Diaries.
I finally got the artwork for above the crib this week to finish off the room. The color is a little more red than I would like, but I still think it works. Plus I just love the idea of paper dolls. I can't wait to make some with her! Also, just got the bedding tied on properly today, and it looks fabulous. Thanks, Mom!! And yes, I know the picture is not centered. When I was working on the crib today, it got moved around a little. I just noticed it in the picture, so I will be sending the husband up to fix ASAP:)
I was trying to get a wide shot of the room, but again, my photography skills are lacking. I'll blame it on the camera. But you can sort of get an idea of the set up of the room. Walk in the door, crib to your right, window straight ahead, glider in the corner, you get the picture. The Husbands Aunt Karen made the window treatments, recovered the glider, and made me some fancy pillows to "throw" around.
As you walk in the door to the left is the changing table and closet (which, by the way, is maybe my favorite place in the room). Aunt Karen made a liner for the basket and added some ball trim to the outside since we all know how much I love trim. It's on the windows, the glider, the baskets, the pillows. Makes me happy!
Here is a shot with the curtains closed. I wanted this room to be as dark as possible for when she naps since I ran in to problems with it being too sunny in this room with the boys. I love those plates on the wall. If you can't tell, there are gold metallic birds on each plate. I got them at a great little store in Marietta called Simple Pleasures.

And finally, the glider. I have a feeling I will be spending quite a bit of time in this in the near future. With Joe Finney, I was here every two hours round the clock. Let's hope she is a little bit better of a sleeper than that!!

Well I plan on sending out updates as I can as far as the birth of this little girl. I will also try to get some pictures posted as soon as I can. Wish me luck for a healthy girl and a speedy delivery!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment