CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Say A Little Prayer For Me

I would love if everyone out there who reads this could take a second to say a little prayer for my mom today. She is currently in Las Vegas and has had a lot of not so great things happen while she was out there. First, I went into labor on Friday night (which was stopped, obviously, since I still have that little bun in my oven). But I know that this caused her lots of stress and unnecessary worry. Sorry, mom. And secondly, she found out that one of her retinas is detached (i.e. vision loss) and had to have laser surgery while in Vegas to repair the "good eye". She is flying back tonight and having surgery tomorrow to try to fix the eye that has the detachment. Now I am not quite sure what the surgery entails, something about a gas bubble being placed in the eye, and resting face down for a week, but quite frankly I am very nervous and I know she is too. My mom loves to sew, play with her grandchildren, and make cookies, all of which require vision, so if you could please keep her in your thoughts, I would be very very grateful.


Which brings me to this:
Isn't it fabulous??? My mom gave this to me last week for the baby girls room.Such a perfect quilt. I just love it. Not only is it beautiful, and meaningful, but it is sooo cozy as well. It was such a nice surprise. My mom is the best.

And this is a picture of the finished bedding for the baby girls room. I know my mom was up late nights working on these things and I hope she knows how much I appreciate it and how much it means to me. I can't wait to tell the baby all about her grammy and how talented and wonderful she is.

And finally, the quilt on the crib. So perfect. I can't wait to show you all the finished room. Just waiting for the artwork for above the crib to arrive, then I will take some full room shots. By the way, I had mentioned before that we had already picked out a name for the girl, but I am not 100% sure anymore, so it looks like we will name her upon delivery. Too bad I had already gotten a couple of things monogrammed!!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment