CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Recent Activities

Well not much to report on the baby front. Went to the doctor (twice) yesterday, and was told that everything looks good, baby weighs over 6 pounds (BIG GIRL!!!), and that I will probably be induced. Didn't give me a date or anything yet, so I guess it will be a surprise. Will keep you posted when I find out more.

So this weekend, the boys (including the husband) and I met the sister in law and her fam at Hubers for some early fall pumpkin picking. What a great time we had! Hubers was packed so I guess everyone had the same idea that we had. We started out with lunch, but the kiddos were anxious to get to the pumpkins, so off we went on the tractor to the pumpkin patch.

We must have spent an hour in that pumpkin patch looking for the perfect pumpkin for each kid. We searched through the whole entire thing, and Joe Finney must have fallen about 12 times. Totally worth it.


I had to sneak this picture of B5 since he was in one of his moods, but I actually like the way it turned out. He was worried that the tractor was going to forget to come back and pick us up.


And a picture of me and the husband. It is very rare that we are in a picture together since one of us is usually behind the camera. So happy the enormous belly didn't make the picture. Thanks, Allison!!!


. And last week at grammys house. B5 had found a gingerbread haunted house (seriously) when we made a trip to the fabric store. I was reluctant to buy it, since I knew how much effort it would take, but I bought it anyway and we ended up having a great (messy) time putting it together. B5 and Joe Finney had a good time decorating (eating the candy and icing) the house after we got it put together. Let me warn you, people, if you buy one of these things, put aside a few hours to work on it. And, my belly was covered in icing when we were through. That thing keeps getting in the way!



And last but not least, the jammies I made for the boys. I was able to finish B5's pajama pants when I was taking my sewing class, but I was on my own to make Joe Finneys after the class was over. All in all, I think they turned out pretty good. I still have a lot of work to do before I would consider myself a decent sewer, but for one of my first projects, not too shabby. I also made shirts to match with appliques. Actually, I bought the t-shirts, but I did do the applique myself. I have come to realize that in sewing, everything takes at least twice as long as you think it will. As much fun as I had doing the pants, they took me way longer than I had hoped. But maybe with time, I will get faster!
So I think thats it for tonight. I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open too late these days!!
Emily




No comments:

Post a Comment